ARO

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:54 pm

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Page 2 of 3 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: aro 10.4 problems
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:36 am 
Membru CLUB
Membru Rang 17

No offense, ARO 10 isn't very strong. I'd call it flimsy at best. A real ARO, and good for doing offroading is the 24x series, larger, heavier, stronger and with proper engines.

ARO 10 is a small fun-car with small petrol engines (legacy of Dacia / Renault 12). I wouldn't try much more than some forest roads with it - for which it's reasonably good. Otherwise you can't fit large tires, so you're pretty much limited.

I think I know what you need - "PLANETARA DREAPTA SPATE", I don't have one for ARO 10, I have some for 24x (in my reserve stock), but I've never managed to break one on 24x.

We can find you one though, and ship it via a truck driver. You have to find the truck driver though. Know any friends doing truckin in Europe?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:14 am 
Posesor ARO
Membru Rang 0

In sucheva i have friends and they have busses at cargo they said they can bring for me are all parts same for aro 10.4.some one said me there are two types 63-and 65 cm long.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:17 am 
Posesor ARO
Membru Rang 0

If you think aro 10 -suziki samurai-lada niva is aro weak?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:48 am 
Membru CLUB
Membru Rang 17

suzuki samurai is by far much better than both ARO 10 and Lada Niva.

Lada Niva isn't much better than ARO 10, perhaps only marginally better.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:08 pm 
Posesor ARO
Membru Rang 0

Before i bought aro i asked about its performance and the defender user said that it is unblievable when it goes low range ...? Also the aro owner explained his car with video clip that defender and hilux are trying to reach aro 10 ,.aro 10 was climbed at the top of the hill..i gave this video at my facebook page (my name volkan gunes ).if i made a mistake that i bought aro 10 i will be sad ..because i love aro 10 and trust Romanian power.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:24 pm 
Posesor ARO
Membru Rang 0

Maybe my aro produce a lot of torque at low range thats why axles broke?- i forgot something at my baggage there is a disk like metal part .i asked the man that i bought the car what is that disk and he said it is for aro to go speedy now it has on it more torque disk (i know it is like my mountain bike has low gear 1 :mega range you can climb very easily where you want) do you ever see two chocice gear disk one is for speed other is for offroad? I also ask the 1. Owner of my aro that if they put something other than aro original parts?he said that that extra low gear belong the aro ..he said it has aro label on.?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:36 pm 
Membru CLUB
Membru Rang 17

All real offroad cars have low range and high range (like the mountain bike has low gear). ARO 10 has it as well, though I wouldn't call it a real offroad car.

It doesn't have that much torque at low speeds, don't be afraid.

Also, there's not much comparison between ARO 10 and Defender... An offroader can be judged by several aspects:

- wheels
- chassis
- axles
- engine & gearbox
- diff locks
- availability of third party parts and mods
- possibility of modifications

Here's my take on ARO 10

- wheels - standard, very small, not much options to fit biggers ones. (The ideas is to fit as big as possible, even mod the car to allow bigger wheels)
- chassis - not bad, but smallish. Steering parts aren't the happiest choice, especially if it's the first box.
- axles - Rear - not bad, but smallish. Front - not that good.
- engine & gearbox - small engine and rather underpowered
- diff locks - central locker, by default. You may be able to find a rear one, but nothing for the front.
- availability of third party parts and mods - none
- possibility of modifications - almost none.

In comparision, ARO 24x stands much better, and can be easily modified, upgraded, and tweaked. Defender as well (even more so).

Bottom line - I'm honored that you trust Romanian Power. To that regard I recommend an ARO 243 with D127 (Brasov) engine, and happy modding. ARO 10 is too small and unmodifiable for my taste. Don't get your hopes too high!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:40 pm 
Posesor ARO
Membru Rang 0

Please read my message about 2 disks about torque and speed and give me explanation about if it is normal or my jeep is tweaked! Because as i know my ground clearence is 22.5 cm and i never touch the bottom of the aro to the rocks etc.Also my rear shock absorbers belong isuzu truck ..my front springs bigger than my other truck ssangyong actyon sports 2 tone sut. Maybe i must change axle differential with strong ones

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:21 am 
Membru CLUB
Membru Rang 17

Yes, all ARO have low gear / high gear (- two disks as you say).

Post more pictures of your car, so we can have a better look at it.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:38 am 
Posesor ARO
Membru Rang 0

I am not talking about 4wdH-4wdL.. There is a disk at the baggage not working if you put it aro 10 it gives extra speed ..now my aro is using extra torque disk on gear i am asking this is normal or some one tweaked my aro?

Page 2 of 3 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next